- Alumax -Ultimate Aluminium Floating Roofs have been successfully protecting storage tanks and reduced evaporation for years. This success is attributed to the advanced design and high quality of Alumax-Ultimate, combined with experienced installation personnel.
- Structural design meet or exceed all known standards for internal floating roofs, in particular the requirements of API Standard 650, Appendix H. It can also be supplied to meet the requirements in Germany, laid out in the TRbF-Regulation.
- Main interconnecting grid structure has a high strength-to-weight ratio, using contamination free and corrosion resistant aluminum alloy tubular pontoons and extruded channel beams. These flotation pontoons and structural members provide maximum flotation and strength capable of withstanding loads generated by product turbulence and inspection personnel.
- Ultimate roofs are known for their rugged construction, durability and efficiency. They are lightweight, corrosion resistant and virtually maintenance free.
- Ultimate’s peripheral rim and deck penetrations isolate and trap product vapors, preventing their escape into the atmosphere. Several types of primary and secondary seals including stainless steel mechanical shoe primary seals are available, all of which are designed to accommodate wide variations in the tank shell and the rim space.
- All Ultimate components are designed to pass through the existing shell manway, thereby eliminating additional expense and downtime required to create other access openings. Since the roof parts are pre-fabricated and partly pre-assembled, installation time is reduced to a minimum, resulting in less tank downtime.
- Completely assembled without welding and can fit through a 20 inch manway, allowing for much faster installation and quicker tank turnaround.
- Also available in a hybrid (stainless steel/aluminum) design, as well as in a complete stainless steel design, when there are compatibility restrictions to use the aluminium design.
- Reduces the common failure modes of skin and pontoon roofs by reinforcing the pontoon gussets and end caps through a unique design. The addidional use of tube saddles ensures equal load distribution on to the floats at the structural interfaces.
- Uses a peripheral rim profile made from a specially designed large size extrusion. It is designed with the strength to support both primary mechanical shoe seal and a secondary seal without additional modifications.
- Uses floats made of seamless 210mm diameter tubes , with a thickness of 2 mm and a maximum length of 5600mm.
- Has a support structure designed for a sheet width of 1500 mm and a pontoon spacing of 3000 mm.
- Uses PTFE (Teflon™) insulators on the aluminum legs to insulate from the carbon steel tank floor. This prevents the common issues associated with dissimilar metals.
- Only uses stainless steel bolts and nuts in their constructions.
- Offers a large variation of seal designs to suit various custumers requirements.
- Can be cable suspended from either cone roof tanks or geodesic dome roofs. This option allows roof height adjustments to be completed from the outside of the tank . With no leg structure under the roof, cleaning inspection and repairs to the tank bottom are simplified.
- Offers a large number of accessories to meet all operational requirements designed by experienced and dedicated Alumax -Ultimate engineers