Leg Bag and Socks
ATECO Leg Socks (floating roof leg socks) are designed to prevent product loss caused by vapors escaping from Floating Roof support legs. Leg Socks / Leg Socks also serve the important function of allowing tanks to meet environmental regulations. The interior and exterior of the Leg Sock work together to provide resistance against product loss as well as environmental effects from outside the tank. ATECO’s Leg Socks provide the following features.
- Meet or exceeds environmental regulations.
- Compatible for 100% aromatics, neat M.T.B.E. and gasohol.
- Resist U/V, water and ozone effects from outside tank.
- Can be installed while tank is in-service.
- Very easy to install and remove.
- May be used with either “U-type” or “T-bar” leg handles.
- Standard sizes, configurations and custom designs are available.
- Seams are R/F factory welded.
ATECO Leg Socks / Leg Socks are made using ATECOPVC or ATECON TM . Material specifications are available to virtually eliminate emissions from floating roof leg supports. ATECO’s design far exceeds emission reduction estimates, such as estimates for “deck legs with sock” contained in API MPMS 19.2).
ATECO Leg Socks reduce vapors from escaping through Floating Roof legs while reducing hydrocarbon emissions as required by regulatory agencies. Leg Socks are instrumental in preventing product loss when used on non-gasketed, adjustable roof support legs.